IOWA CITY -- As part of the City’s COVID-19 response, the Housing Authority Office is closed to the public. Housing Authority staff will continue to process needed paperwork, issue rent payments, and answer calls.
The City does not anticipate any disruptions to rent payments at this time. Please continue to report all changes in income and family composition in writing. You can use the following options to contact staff and submit required documents:
- If you need to speak with your caseworker or Housing Authority Staff: Please call the ICHA at 319-356-5400. You may also email or call caseworkers and staff directly. A full listing of contact information can be found on our website.
- If you need to drop off paperwork or documentation to the ICHA: Please email or mail all documentation possible to appropriate ICHA staff. If you do not know your case workers e-mail, you may use firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail can be sent to the Iowa City Housing Authority at 410 E. Washington St., Iowa City, IA 52240. If you are unable or uncomfortable emailing or mailing sensitive information, please use the drop box in front of City Hall.
- Other options for submitting paperwork: Hy-Vee Foods Stores have copying and Fax services available. Costs vary by individual store. The Iowa City Housing Authority Fax number is 319-356-5459.
- If you need to make a payment to the ICHA: Please call 319-356-5400 to make a payment via credit or debit card. You may also mail checks or money orders to the ICHA at 410 E. Washington Street, Iowa City, IA 52240. Please do not send cash for payment through the mail. Cash payments will not be accepted during the closure of City Hall. If you have questions regarding how to make your payment, please call or email ICHA staff directly.
For all Iowa City COVID-19 news updates and resources, visit icgov.org/Coronavirus.