Whether you're a lifelong resident of the Corridor area, a University of Iowa student, or just visiting the area, you've come to the right place if you're looking for information about lodging, dining, activities, finding a good mechanic, a lawyer and otherwise in the Metro area! Looking for a refreshing dinner experience? Find a restaurant that intrigues you in Metro Pursuit. Have some relatives coming into town and need some entertaining ideas? Find some in Metro Pursuit. Need to move? Find a house or apartment to your liking in Metro Pursuit. Serving the entire Corridor and the metro areas of Iowa City, Coralville, North Liberty, Tiffin, Riverside, Cedar Rapids, Hiawatha, Marion and surrounding communities!
The Iowa City Police Department conducted alcohol sales law compliance checks on Saturday, December 14, 2019 at thirty-one businesses licensed to sell alcoholic beverages. Working with plainclothes officers, underage persons entered these businesses and attempted to illegally purchase alcoholic beverages. Twenty-six businesses refused to sell alcohol to the underage buyers. The businesses that passed the compliance checks were:
- DeliMart – 525 Hwy 1 W
- Kum & Go – 955 Mormon Trek Blvd.
- Fast Break – 2580 Naples Ave.
- Smokin’ Joes – 1901 Broadway St.
- Casey’s – 1904 Broadway St.
- Creekside Market – 2601 Hwy 6 E
- BP – 1920 Lower Muscatine Rd.
- Bo James – 118 E Washington St.
- DeliMart – 206 E Benton St.
- Kirkwood Liquor and Tobacco – 300 Kirkwood Ave.
- Hawkeye Convenience Store – 2875 Commerce Dr.
- Fareway – 2765 Commerce Dr.
- Two Dogs Pub – 1705 S 1st Ave.
- Casey’s – 1410 Willow Creek Dr.
- RJz Express – 2 Escort Ln.
- DeliMart – 2510 Mormon Trek Blvd.
- Coaches Corner – 749 Mormon Trek Blvd.
- Tobacco Outlet – 923 S Riverside Dr.
- Union Bar – 121 E College St.
- Brothers Bar and Grill – 125 S Dubuque St.
- Fieldhouse Bar – 118 S Dubuque St.
- Bo James – 118 E Washington St.
- Osaka Japanese Restaurant – 122 E Washington St.
- The Airliner – 22 S Clinton St.
- John’s Grocery – 401 E Market St.
- North Dodge Sinclair – 2153 ACT Circle
Five businesses checked by police sold to the underage buyers. The businesses that failed the compliance checks were:
- The Saloon – 112 E College St.
- Donnelly’s Pub – 110 E College St.
- DC’s Bar – 124 S Dubuque St.
- Wild Culture Kombucha – 210 N Linn St.
- North Dodge Express – 2790 N Dodge St.
The employees who sold the alcohol to the underage buyers were each charged with, “Selling Alcohol to Persons Under Age 21.” An employee selling alcohol to persons under age 21 years of age is a simple misdemeanor, punishable with a $500 fine for the first offense. Additionally, all violations will be forwarded to the Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division for possible civil penalties against the liquor license.
As with any criminal case, a charge is merely an accusation and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
Today's weather forecast and a four day outlook. Check this page for the latest weather reports in the corridor area. Up-to-date weather conditions for the Iowa City area are observed at the Iowa City, Iowa City Municipal Airport, IA. For weather conditions specific to other cities outside the corridor area, just type in your zip code below.
|Type in your zip code for your weatherecast|
Tim Hamer, Bruce Sexton, Kellee Forkenbrock and Kayla Hodgson were recognized for their work at the City of North Liberty with annual employee awards. Hamer, the city's assistant parks superintendent, was named Employee of the Year. While Hamer has "never had a bad day at work," according to Parks Superintendent Guy Goldsmith, Hamer took his leadership to…
The post Hamer, Sexton, Forkenbrock and Hodgson Recognized for Contributions to North Liberty appeared first on City of North Liberty.
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA – 6th Street SW will experience lane reductions and a temporary full closure as part of a sewer capacity improvement project. Starting the week of December 16, lane reductions will be in effect between Hawkeye Downs Road SW and 50th Avenue Ct SW (just south of Prairie Creek). On Thursday, January 2, 6th Street SW is tentatively scheduled to close between Hawkeye Downs Road and 50th Avenue Ct. The closure is anticipated to last approximately one month for pipe installation. The project began January 2019, and will wrap up next spring with paving and restoration work.
Iowa City In Focus brings the people, places, and projects of Iowa City into clear view. This monthly video feature spotlights our community through in-depth storytelling. Click the play-button below to watch the entire video or select the individual images to skip to specific topics.
The City is undertaking a comprehensive assessment of the transit system to identify changes that could improve services and increase the number of people riding the bus.
Watch to learn what improvements have been made to the Ped Mall as part of a major overhaul that took two construction seasons to complete.
It’s not often that the City declares a snow emergency, but not knowing the rules could be a costly mistake should the ordinance be put into effect.
Even though they are often marketed as flushable, this popular hygiene product has the potential to cause huge problems to our wastewater system, all at the expense of taxpayers.
Participants will enjoy sipping hot chocolate while making gifts out of natural materials, crafting individual Tic Tac Toe in a Bag games, and much more.
The event will conclude with luminary lighting of the Discovery Garden.
There is no fee to participate and all are welcome! Youth must be accompanied by an adult.
Celebrate nature and all that is winter in Iowa with Iowa City Parks and Recreation Department’s Winter Break Camp for youth in grades K-6.
STEAM ice and snow experiments, field trips to Putnam Museum and Kent Park, and Iowa wildlife exploration are just a few of the fascinating activities that will be a part of Winter Break Camp. Days will be filled with games, and swimming.
Camp runs Dec. 23, 27, 30, 2019, and Jan. 2-3, 2020. Register for one day or many. Camp hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; however, supervised open play is available at no extra cost for families to drop off as early as 7:30 a.m. and to pick up as late as 5:30 p.m.
Registration forms available at www.icgov.org/camps.
Hard copies of registration forms available at:
- Robert A. Lee Recreation Center, 220 S. Gilbert St.
- Mercer Park Aquatic Center, 2701 Bradford Dr.
If you would like to be a vendor at the event, just click the link and submit: https://forms.gle/
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA – Effective Monday, December 16, 2019, northbound traffic on Edgewood Road NE will be reduced to one lane between North River Boulevard and Fountains Drive for construction work. Work is expected to take one (1) week, weather permitting.
The Iowa City Public Library Bookmobile’s fall schedule ends on 19. The Bookmobile won’t be in service December 20 through January 5 because of scheduled vehicle maintenance, collection updates, and staff training.
During the Bookmobile’s seasonal break in service, items can be returned at the downtown Library or to the Library’s remote drop boxes. Holds that arrive at the Library during this time can be found by inquiring at the Help Desk at the downtown Library or on the Bookmobile when our Winter/Spring Schedule begins.
The Winter/Spring Schedule begins Monday, January 6, and will continue through Thursday, May 21. Please visit the Bookmobile at the following locations during this time:
- 10:45 to 11:15 a.m. Iowa City Rehabilitation
- 11:30 a.m. to Noon North Dodge Hy-Vee
- 1 to 1:30 p.m. Regency Heights Apartments
- 1:45 to 2:15 p.m. Legacy Independent Living
- 3 to 3:30 p.m. Bohumil Shimek Elementary
- 4 to 4:45 p.m. Helen Lemme Elementary
- 5 to 5:30 p.m. Waterfront Hy-Vee
- 9:45 to 10:15 a.m. Terry Trueblood Recreation Area
- 10:30 to 11:00 a.m. Oaknoll Retirement Community, George St.
- 11:45 to 12:30 p.m. Faith Academy
- 1 to 1:30 p.m. University of Iowa College of Medicine Courtyard
- 2:30 to 3 p.m. Melrose Meadows
- 3:30 to 4 p.m. Hills Elementary
- 3:15 to 4 p.m. Irving Weber Elementary
- 4:15 to 4:45 p.m. St. Andrew Presbyterian Church
- 5 to 5:30 p.m. GreenState Credit Union, Mormon Trek Blvd.
- 9:30 to 10 a.m. Mercer Park
- 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. Autumn Park Apartments
- 11 to 11:30 a.m. First Avenue Hy-Vee
- 2:15 to 2:45 p.m. Mark Twain Elementary
- 3 to 3:30 p.m. Grant Wood Elementary
- 3:45 to 4:15 p.m. Archibald Alexander Elementary
- 4:30 to 5 p.m. Breckenridge Estates
Visit www.icpl.org/bookmobile for the complete Bookmobile schedule or call the Library at 319-356-5200.