By Mike Thayer
Is there a better way to start your day than with bacon?
- 3 slices of bacon
- 2 cups fresh spinach, slightly wilted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
This meal provides you with about 32 grams of protein and just 5 grams in carbs. Great start!
- 3/4 cup cucumber slices
- 2 ounces of Colby Jack cheese (2 slices)
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch dressing
This snack provides you with about 15 grams of protein and 6 grams of carbs. Cumulative total: 47 grams of protein and 11 grams in carbs.
- 1/4 pound hamburger patty
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons steak sauce
That's 26 grams of protein and 14 grams in carbs. Cumulative total: 73 grams of protein and 25 grams of carbs.
- 6-8 Kalamata olives
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
That's 0 grams of protein and 3 grams in carbs. Cumulative total: 73 grams in protein and 28 grams of carbs.
- 6 ounce fillet of fish
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons garlic/herb butter
- 1 Tablespoon Italian dressing
This great meal provides 24 grams of protein and 13 grams in carbs. Cumulative total for the day is 97 grams in protein and 41 grams in carbs. What a great Day 2!